Macdonell-Williamson House - Restoration & Adaptive Reuse
East Hawkesbury, Ontario

Macdonell-Williamson House is a Federal National Historic Site, owned by the Ontario Heritage Trust and operated by the Friends of the Macdonell-Williamson House. The two-storey stone house was built in 1817 for John Macdonell, a notable figure in Canadian history, and is one of the best examples of Georgian architecture in Ontario. RMA was engaged in 2004 to produce a master plan study, building condition report, paint analysis, conservation philosophy report and restoration and rehabilitation construction documents to transform the building into a community cultural centre. Restoration and rehabilitation is being implemented in phases, starting with the exterior masonry, site services, and basement, and is continuing.

© 2011 Robertson Martin Architects | legal