Fulford Place Museum
Exterior Restoration Brockville, Ontario

Fulford Place is a Federal National Historic Site, owned by the Ontario Heritage Trust (OHT). The 35-room, 1860 m2 (20,000 sq ft) Edwardian mansion was designed by New York architect Albert W. Fuller, and was built between 1899 and 1901 for businessman and Senator George Taylor Fulford. The Olmstead Brothers landscaping firm designed the original grounds. In 2004, RMA was retained by the OHT to complete an exterior building condition report, serving as a basis for a program of exterior repair and restoration of missing features to the earliest appearance of the house.

Significant house and landscape features were identified for restoration including stone entrance gateway, recreating the original slate roof with a concealed built-in gutter, the Porte Cochère, the exterior wood work and wood windows, the chimneys, the east stone stair, general masonry restoration, rebuilding and restoring the verandas, and restoring the original entry gates. Construction documents were prepared in 2005 with work tendered and undertaken in 2006.

2008 Certificate of Merit, Craftsmanship -
Canadian Association of Heritage Preservation Awards (CAHP)

© 2011 Robertson Martin Architects | legal